Today I decided to look through some pictures of things I have personally achieved this year. As the days pass and nothing feels as if it changes to look back and reflect gives me a real sense of pride and in all honesty I am completely stunned by how far I have come and how much I have grown in just short of 365 days.
To think in February my whole world did a 360 from travelling to babies, hostels to mortgages and of course, a completely different meaning to “drinking from the bottle”. I didn’t know where to begin but the most important thing is, I did.
- I finished my final year at Chester University studying for my Bachelor of Science, I sat all my exams despite having Hyperemesis and graduated with my beautiful little girl in my arms.
- I qualified as a personal trainer
- I put my name on my first house, my first family home
- I’ve set up my own blog
- And most of all, I have the most perfect bundle of joy – Evie Rose.
- I have entered the never ending learning curve of being a mother.
So I ask you, when was the last time you took yourself aside for a minute and said “well done me”?
We become so focused on the bigger picture, achieving one thing and suddenly onto the next; that we forget to just stop, stop and congratulate ourselves and let ourselves feel any kind of real fulfilment or sense of achievement.
As I’ve grown and continue to do so, I’ve learnt to set a goal, try my best, embrace the journey and reward myself before moving onto the next. Be your own biggest fan. Love yourself and all that you do, you deserve to!