So, over the weekend It was my birthday and, as with any birthday, it really got me thinking of all the things I’ve done with my life so far and what I’ve actually learnt.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m no messiah and there’s certainly still plenty of things I’ve no idea about but there are some things I’ve learnt in my almost quarter century in this world.Â
- Calories don’t count on birthdays.
- Travel while you’re young and able.
-Don’t worry about the money, just make it work. Experience is far more valuable than money ever will be.
- You don’t get what you don’t ask for.
- Everything in life is temporary.
– If things are going good, enjoy it because it won’t last forever! If things aren’t going great, don’t worry cause it can’t last forever either!
- You’re never fully dressed without a smile.. and a tan!
- Only you can change your life, no one can do it for you.
- Your mum is a queen- Since becoming a mum, I know only too well just how hard it is!
- Be active!
– Inactivity literally kills so get moving!
- Discover what ignites your passion, that’s your real job here on earth.
– Let it light you up and then find a way to shine that light on others.
- Relationships aren’t just fancy meals, pretty flowers and expensive jewellery.
– Having a partner makes you strong. When someone believes in you, when someone motivates you, inspires you, strengthens you, then you realise what being in a relationship means. It means being stronger together – living as a team.
- A comfort zone is a beautiful place but nothing grows there.
– How many times do we fear beginnings? fear endings? fear changing yet fear “staying stuck”?. We fear success, we fear failure, we fear living, yet we fear dying.
- Always, always trust your gut instinct.
– If you feel something is wrong, it usually is.
- Almost everything in life will work again if you just unplug it for a few minutes – including you!
- You have to believe in yourself.
– If you don’t believe in yourself then no one else will. Don’t look to others to define your confidence, you get to make that for yourself.
- Your life is about you.
– This is not a selfish thought. Or an arrogant one. Rather, it means that in this world, you are only competing against yourself. You set the standards and you determine the results.
- Being a mum is the best job in the world!
- Broken crayons still colour.
– Since suffering with postnatal depression and anxiety, I have managed to find light at the end of the tunnel. I am able to support mental health, raise awareness and kick the negative stigma all with the help of my beautiful BMT community.
- Eat using the 80:20 rule!
– Food is family, it’s friends, it’s comfort, it’s home, it’s tradition, it’s life giving, it’s celebration, it’s therapeutic, it’s love, it’s health. Let’s not lose out on that to weigh 1 pound less.
- Two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.
- Almost everything we hear is opinion, not fact. Everything we see is perspective, not truth.
- Manners cost nothing.
– Please and thank you are always appropriate and appreciated.
- Nothing looks as as good as healthy feels.
- Don’t be afraid of being different, be afraid of being the same as everyone else.
- A smile has more impact on people than you might think.-Â Scientific research has proven that smiling, or even simply seeing a smile, is ‘contagious’ and can stimulate happy thoughts, even if you’re not so happy at that time.